By Shina Abubakar, Osogbo
Three persons have been reportedly injured in a fire incident at Old Coca-Cola street, Aregbesola area in Osogbo Osun State Capital on Tuesday evening.
It was gathered that the incident was as a result of high voltage supplied to the area by Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) after the evening downpour in the capital city.
A source in the area told Vanguard that during the downpour, power supply to the area was cut off and during that period, many electricity poles were destroyed by the storm.
Also, the Administrative Officer of the State Fire Service, Fatai Aremu while confirming the incident said the fire outbreak occurred around 7:30 pm and suspected that the incident was sparked by high voltage.
He added that three persons, who were injured in the incident have been taken to the hospital, while property damaged in the inferno was put at roughly N5million.
According to him, the house where the fire incident occurred also housed an audio studio which was razed by the fire.
However, the Regional Communication and Branding Officer, Osogbo office of IBEDC, Kike Owoeye, said there was no light during and after the downpour in the area.
“At the time of the incident, our engineers were in the power room attending to a fault on the said transformer because a circuit breaker was faulty.
If the people were saying it the fire was due to high voltage, it can also be attributed to lightening as a result of the downpour but there was no power supply to the community”, she said.