Bone broth is a nutrient-dense superfood made from meat bones. It’s soothing and easy on the digestion, with a ton of health benefits to drink in. An Instant Pot is a brand-name pressure cooker that gives new meaning to the term “set it and forget it.” Forget needing to constantly monitor a simmering pot of bone broth for up to 24 hours! Press a few buttons and let the Instant Pot take over from there. And with that broth you made so easily, you can then make hundreds of classic and new soups, chilis, stews, drinks, and main dishes using the Instant Pot. Ready to put the power of the Pot and ingenious bone broth recipes to work for you? The Bone Broth Miracle Diet Instant Pot Cookbook has just what you need.
While traditionally pulled pork is slow smoked over wood for several hours, you don’t have to tell anyone it only took 90 minutes in the Instant Pot. Share the delicious results made with bone broth — but maybe not your cooking secret!
Recipe: Pulled Pork
Makes 8 servings
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon red chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 pounds bone-in or boneless pork shoulder
2 cups Basic Chicken Bone Broth
2–3 cups barbecue sauce of your choice*
8 buns, for serving
Sliced red cabbage, for topping
Pickles, for topping
For a great homemade barbecue sauce, whisk together in a medium bowl 11/2 cups ketchup, 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 cup brown sugar.
1. Mix together the onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, red chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the pork with the seasoning mixture.
2. Add the pork and broth to the Instant Pot. Lock the lid and make sure the valve is sealed. Select Manual/High Pressure and adjust the time to 90 minutes.
3. When the cook time is complete, turn off the Instant Pot and let the pressure release naturally for 5 to 10 minutes before turning the valve to venting. Then, remove the lid and place the pork in a large bowl.
4. Shred the pork with two forks. Remove the bones, if bone-in. Add the barbecue sauce and stir to coat.
5. Serve on the buns with cabbage, pickles, and a drizzle of barbecue sauce.
Like this recipe as much as we do? Click here to purchase a copy of Bone Broth Miracle Diet Instant Pot Cookbook.