Ulrika Davidsson is one of Sweden’s most knowledgeable and popular nutrition and health coaches. Her 29 cookbooks have sold more than 1 million copies and have been translated into 12 languages. This book is unique because it offers four different types of detoxes so readers can see what works best for their bodies, helping you kickstart your way to a happier, healthier life however you choose. Those four plans are either 1 or 2 weeks long: Detox, Vegetarian, Raw Vegan and Juicing.
These four detailed detox plans emphasize a nourishing, low-carb, plant-based diet paired with intermittent fasting to seriously kickstart your metabolism and cleanse your entire system — allowing your body a complete reset and boosting your weight loss and long-term health changes. You’ll learn to make delicious recipes that keep you full for longer, utilizing tons of fresh ingredients.
- 1 can (14 ounces or 400 g) chickpeas
- Juice from 1/2lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2red bell pepper, finely chopped
- Black pepper
- 2 1/4 ounces (65 g) mixed lettuce
- 5 1/4 ounces (150 g) feta cheese
- 3 1/2ounces (100 g) grilled bell peppers — from a jar
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 6 black olives
- Sprigs of parsley, for garnish
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Slivers of red onion, optional
- 3 1/3 fluid ounces (1 dl) ajvar relish
1. Rinse the chickpeas in cold water. Drain them well and put them in a bowl. Mix in lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, red onion, and bell pepper, and season with salt and black pepper.
2. Cover the bottom of two deep bowls with lettuce leaves, and place the chickpea salad on top. Crumble the feta cheese on top and place this and the grilled red pepper in the bowl next to the salad.
3. Cut the tomatoes into pieces and place them and the olives along the bowl’s edge. Garnish with parsley, lemon slices, and the optional red onion slivers. Serve with ajvar relish.
Like this recipe as much as we do? Click here to purchase a copy of Green Kickstarts!: Metabolism Boosters for Detox and Weight Loss.