Ulrika Davidsson is one of Sweden’s most knowledgeable and popular nutrition and health coaches. Her 29 cookbooks have sold more than 1 million copies and have been translated into 12 languages. This book is unique because it offers four different types of detoxes so readers can see what works best for their bodies, helping you kickstart your way to a happier, healthier life however you choose. Those four plans are either 1 or 2 weeks long: Detox, Vegetarian, Raw Vegan and Juicing.
These four detailed detox plans emphasize a nourishing, low-carb, plant-based diet paired with intermittent fasting to seriously kickstart your metabolism and cleanse your entire system — allowing your body a complete reset and boosting your weight loss and long-term health changes. You’ll learn to make delicious recipes that keep you full for longer, utilizing tons of fresh ingredients.
You’ll pack a lot of color and flavor in this easy-to-prepare soup.
Recipe: Carrot Soup with Ginger
150 calories/Serves 2
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 31/3 cups (8 dl) water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound, 13/4 ounce (500 g) carrots
- 1 tablespoon organic, gluten-free stock powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 pinch chili flakes or some freshly chopped red chili
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs like chervil, or fresh herbs
- Approximately 1/4 cup (1/2dl) Root Vegetable Chips
1. Chop the onion and garlic. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for about a minute. Add the water and honey.
2. Peel and slice the carrots. Stir in carrots, stock powder, ginger, and chili in the saucepan. Let boil for 10 minutes.
3. Blend the soup until smooth and thin it with more water if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour the soup into bowls and drizzle with some olive oil. Sprinkle with dried or fresh herbs and top with Root Vegetable Chips.
Like this recipe as much as we do? Click here to purchase a copy of Green Kickstarts!: Metabolism Boosters for Detox and Weight Loss.